Pages

Thursday 25 March 2021

Russell Swimming Sports

Hey, On Wednesday the 17th our School went to Russell for swimming sports. The schools Russell, Paihia, Maromaku, Moerewa and some other schools all came to the Russell swimming sports. After the morning bell rang we had karakia and a himene, then walked down to the wharf to catch the “Happy Ferry” to Russell. When we arrived in Russell we were the second school to get there. Since we sort of came early we had to wait for a while. While we were waiting, some of us were chilling, playing and the people who were diving were practising there walk. When all of the schools started showing up we then started all of the swimming. We started off with the divers. Everyone was cheering for the divers till they finished. I enjoyed watching the divers because they were really good. Then we started doing freestyle races, it went youngest to oldest. When it was my turn to do freestyle my friend Jade and I had butterflies but we just shook it off. As soon as I heard the bang I dived into the relaxing water and swam my best. I was happy with myself because I came third. I really enjoyed going to the Russell Swimming sports because it was an amazing day! What is your favourite swimming style?

Bye Bye!



This is my friend and I on the "Happy Ferry"




This is someone steering the boat:







No comments:

Post a Comment