Pages

Thursday 11 March 2021

A Devastating Threat To Life

 On Friday 5th March 2021 it was a normal day, or so it seemed. As I finished getting ready I looked at the time and saw that it was 8:44am,;I was late. When we were turning into the school entrance there was a loud siren noise. As soon as we got out of the car everyone was yelling, trying to tell me there was going to be a tsunami and we had to evacuate. 


At first I was confused because all I could hear was yelling. Then I heard the word tsunami and I just froze. I was told there was going to be a tsunami so my dad said get into the car. While we were driving I couldn’t believe what was happening and I was very very very scared. My sister was acting like she was going to die but we told her she wasn’t and she was going to be okay and she just needed to calm down. 


When we arrived at my house we started to pack some clothes and get some food to go to Kawakawa and stay at my Nan’s. On our way to Kawakawa we were calling our family to make sure they were all okay. Next time I will make sure not to panic that much and make smart choices. Have you ever been in a tsunami before?

Bye Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment