Pages

Wednesday 26 August 2020

3, 2, 1 Blast Off!

The past few weeks my class Te Ngahere have been doing something called Wonder Project. Wonder Project is when scientists come to your school and teach us about rockets, talk about where they work, their interests and what they do for a living. Some of us have been making our own rockets out of plastic 1.5 litre bottles for the body of the rocket and cardboard or an  ice-cream container for the wings. I really enjoy Troy and Gustavo coming in and teaching us about rockets because rockets are one of the things I am interested in. Since Troy and Gustavo have been coming in and teaching us about rockets I have learnt that the thrust is pushing the rocket up, the weight is so it is stable and won’t flip over and the drag is so it comes back down to earth on the ground. The only thing I found hard to do was modifying our rocket and figuring out what my group and I need to fix up so the rocket is perfect. I think next time I will focus more on finishing the rocket rather than how it looks. I hope we do this again because I enjoy it so much! What do you find interesting about rockets? Here is my Rocket!

Ka Kite!







3 comments:

  1. Hey Angela! My name is Lyla I am a year 7 at Otaki college. This is pretty cool what you made! I have never seen a craft rocket made like this before. (by they the way I love you name) Have a great day! From Lyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Angela that looks really cool and last year i did the same thing but we painted it
    Blog you later
    Angus

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI my name is Jon I like you'r rocit

    ReplyDelete