Pages

Monday 24 May 2021

How To Expand Numbers DLO

Hello, For the past two weeks in Te Ngahere we have been learning some new Maths. For Maths we have been learning how to expand numbers. To show our learning we had to make a DLO how ever we wanted to make it. In our DLO we had to explain how to expand a number step by step by saying; what we are learning about (expanding numbers), how to expand numbers and other things that we wrote in our own success criteria to help us expand a number. I enjoyed doing this because I now know how to expand a number and I can see numbers differently. Maybe next time my group should ask if everyone understands what is happening like; why we are putting these numbers in this column. Do you know how to expand a number?
Here is my expanding numbers DLO: Hope you like it!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela, its Ebony and I am a year seven from Paihia School. I enjoyed reading your post about expanding numbers. I loved the way you set your DLO up and how you explained how to expand the numbers, I also like how you asked your peers/group if they understood what you said. Have you ever never understood something before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Angela, it’s Marley and I am a year 6 student in Te Ngahere. I really liked your blog post about expanding numbers. I also love how you put together your DLO and that you explained actually how to expand the numbers. Another thing I liked was how you asked your group if they get what you mean by expanding numbers because imagine if they didn’t, what could they do without you.

    What other maths have you been learning?

    ReplyDelete