Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Going To 'Kapa Haka Regionals 2020'

Kia ora bloggers, On Sunday my nan, aunty, uncle, three cousins and I travelled to Whangarei to watch the Kapa Haka regionals 2020, and see my cousin and his roopu (group) Te Rau Pou Manawa o Kawakawa perform. If you don’t know who ‘Te Rau Pou Manawa o Kawakawa’ is, they are a school from Kawakawa, Te Tai Tokerau who has a Kapa Haka group that travels and goes to Kapa Haka competitions. My favourite song and haka I really enjoyed was, I think their third song and haka because I was really interested (sorry I don’t know that name of the song and haka). Something that I also really liked was, their first song they performed started off calm and then they went hard out. There is nothing I didn’t enjoy about going to the Kapa Haka regionals because I enjoyed everything. My favourite part about going to the regionals was, I got to spend time with my family and see my cousin do his best because he worked hard and earned his spot in the roopu. I remember when I yelled out ‘go JJ and everyone looked at me, but I just laughed because Te Rau Pou Manawa o Kawa Roopu were so loud they didn’t even hear me, but my cousin and the roopu knew that I wanted him and them to do great. Overall Te Rau Pou Manawa o Kawakawa came third in the Kapa Haka regionals and I think they did amazing and they earnt it!. Kawakawa now have to make a new bracket for the nationals which I am really excited for! What is your favourite kapa haka waiata (song)? Here is a video clip of Te Rau Pou Manawa o Kawakawa performing:


Link



Ka Kite!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment