Pages

Monday 7 September 2020

Learn What Fraction Frenzy Is With Me!

This week In Te Ngahere we have been doing some maths called fraction frenzy. Fraction frenzy is when we find the equivalent number of a fraction. Equivalent means “the same as”. We had to cut out pieces of paper that had written fractions on them and glue it on paper so we can sort out the equivalent fractions. For example: the fractions 10/10 and 5/5 are both whole numbers because the top and bottom numbers are the same number. We were allowed to work in a group of 2 or 3. My friends Breeze, Jade and I worked together in a group. I really enjoyed this maths because it was challenging for me. The thing I found hard was finding the equivalent fraction for the higher numbers, that is why we found the equivalent fractions for the lower numbers first. We were doing this so we can recognise an equivalent fraction. I hope we do this again in the future because I really enjoyed it and hopefully I will be better at it. Did you know how to find an equivalent fraction before you saw my post? 
Here is my DLO: Hope you learn something!
 

 

 
Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Angela. It looks like you have achieved your learning intention. Well done. It is easy to calculate equivalent fractions when you know your multiplication facts. Well done.

    ReplyDelete