Pages

Friday 1 November 2019

Athletics I'm lovin it

At Paihia School the seniors have been training for athletics because it is coming up soon and I am very excited. We are training on Wednesday and Friday every week. Because we didn't train last week on Wednesday or Wednesday this week we are going to practise on both Thursday and Friday. We split into 5 groups and so far I have only done high jump because I have been away the past two weeks on our holiday, since it was Labour Weekend. Our success criteria for high jump is Establish your take off foot-try taking off from both sides, Young jumpers should only use a scissors jump, Make sure that you push off with your outside leg and raise the inside leg closest to the bar. I think I could do better at thinking positive and saying to myself I can do this. What I enjoyed was everyone cheering for each other and making them feel comfortable. What do you think of athletics?

No comments:

Post a Comment