Pages

Friday 2 July 2021

The Great Marble Ramp Challenge 2021

Kia ora, in Te Ngahere we have been making  Marble Ramps. We had to create a marble ramp for a marble to travel and stop exactly at 1.1 metres or 110cm from the end of our ramp. We were creating these ramps because we have a Science Fair coming up and we are preparing for the Science Fair. We were also creating these ramps to have a challenge to see what group can make the best ramp that can make the marble stop at exactly 1.1 metres. We were also using the scientific method to make sure we follow all of the steps so our ramp is successful.To make these ramps we worked in groups of two or three. My group was Jade.R and Ricky-May. On competition day we weren’t  allowed to touch our ramps. On competition day someone else was testing our ramp and we got to test someone else's ramp. I really enjoyed making these marble ramps because my group and I worked well together and we tried our best to make a creative and successful marble ramp. 

A variable that my group changed was the angle that the ramp was on. We changed the angle because we found out that when the angle is lower it goes faster and when the angle is higher it goes slower because it drops and bounces and sort of loses its momentum. Have you ever made a marble ramp before? 

Here is my marble ramp reflection:




1 comment:

  1. Hi Angela it’s Breeze here I was just on your blog and decided to write you a comment. I enjoyed reading your comment because one, I can see and tell you what you could do better and I also liked your blog post because it gives detail. You really expanded each sentence with detail. Something else I liked about this was that you added what variables you had changed.
    I also enjoyed how my group and I worked well together. Something you could do next time is add a picture or something because what you added as a D.L.O was very interesting.
    Whose ramp was your favorite? (Let’s keep it a secret I know it was my groups) but keep up the good work.
    Ka kite!

    ReplyDelete