Pages

Thursday 10 June 2021

Waka Technology

For the past few weeks this term the year 7 & 8’s have been going to technology in Moerewa. This term the year 8’s are doing woodwork and the year 7’s are doing cooking. I am a year 8 so I am doing woodwork and we are making our own Waka. We first measured our piece of wood and then cut it out with the power tools. Them we glued another full piece of wood to the cut out piece of wood. The piece of wood that we cut out with the power tools went on top of the full piece of wood. Next we shaped the bottom and a bit of the sides of our Waka using another tool called a plane. When we did that we started cutting up some smaller and thinner pieces of wood to go on both the ends of our Waka. That was all I did last week but I will for sure do more next week and hopefully finish it. The hard part for me was cutting a straight line with the power tools we had to use. The two parts I found easy was glueing the cut out piece of wood and the full piece of wood together, I also found it a bit easy to cut out the small and thin pieces of wood that go on the end of our Waka. Does your school do Technology?

Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment